“I can’t get Jesus out of my head!”
Those were the words of a very lost, confused and suicidal young man who visited our “Free Intelligence Test” booth at the Fiesta Hermosa street fair last Labor Day weekend.
The conversation started with him coming up to me quite aggressively and stating, “Why are you doing this? No one cares. No one cares about Jesus.” He then proceeded to tell me some truly awful things that happened in his life. The statement that caught my attention was when he said “I can’t get Jesus out of my head.” He made some type of profession of faith years ago, and I believe that God was calling him back through us, here at the fair. The young man then suddenly disappeared into the crowd to get drunk.
The “Einstein I.Q. Test” drew the crowds; we didn’t have to go out to them, they came to us.
And nearly everyone gets the three sentences in the triangles wrong when they read them. (How did you do? See below for the correct readings.)
Then we lead them into another very fun questionaire that gets people laughing, until we transition into the Gospel presentation. Ed Lee, one of our church’s evangelism leaders and an Ambassadors’ Academy mentor, said that at one point people were lined up five deep—and this is to hear the Gospel (of course, they didn’t know that they would hear it)!
We had over seventy-five volunteers man the booth. And to recruit them, I had to use strong arm tactics that the Gambino Family would have admired. Still, I knew that “non-evangelists” would get excited after they took this step of faith. Here’s one quick testimony:
“It was so exciting to see how many people were willing to wait to have someone talk to them about their “test” even though they knew where the conversation was headed by listening to people ahead of them. I talked to people non-stop for 2 hours and had the thrill of listening to MANY of them pray for forgiveness and salvation. I was SO BLESSED to be a part of that. Thank you for making me sign up for it.”
At the end of the 3-day weekend, we had gone through almost 500 questionaires, and about 20,000 tracts. We preached at the bus stops to untold hundreds (see that preaching here), and many novice evangelists found out how rewarding it was to do something for God.
As Ray Comfort likes to say, “You will go out dragging your feet, but you’ll come back clicking your heels.”
Einstein I.Q. Test answer: “Bird in the the hand,” etc.
Here are some of the questions we use for this test (these were formerly carried by Living Waters, but are now discontinued.) Make your own surveys and see how fun it is!:
(ANSWERS ARE BELOW)
1. How many of each animal did Moses take into the ark?____________________
2. What is the name of the raised print that deaf people use?_________________
3. Is it possible to end a sentence with the word “the?” Yes No
4. Spell the word “shop” What do you do when you come to a green light? _____
5. It is noon. You look at the clock. The big hand is on the three. The little hand
is on the five. What time is it?___________________
6. Spell the word “silk” What do cows drink?_____________________
7. Listen carefully. You are the driver of a train. There are 30 people on board. At the first stop ten people get off. At the next stop five people get on. Now for the question What is the name of the train driver?________________________
8. How many of the Ten Commandments can you name? #:__________________
9. Is there a God? Yes No
10. Does God care about right and wrong? Yes No
11. Are God’s standards the same as ours? Yes No
12. Will God punish sin? Yes No
13. Is there a Hell? Yes No
14. Do you avoid Hell by living a good life? Yes No
15. Have you lived a good life?
16. Would you consider yourself to be a good person?
Now launch into your Gospel presentation. (If you don’t know what to say, leave a comment.) You can also stop right now and give them the survey because the answers are on the back of the page. This way it serves as a Gospel tract.
1. None. It was Noah
2. Deaf people don’t use raised print.
3. The question is an example of one
7. You are the driver of the train
8. 1. You shall have no other gods. 2. Do not make a god to suit yourself. 3. You
shall not take God’s name in vain. 4. Keep the Sabbath holy. 5. Honor you
mother and father. 6. You shall not kill. 7. You shall not commit adultery. 8. You
shall not steal. 9. You shall not lie. 10. you shall not covet.
9. Yes. Creation is proof that there is a Creator. Everything made has a maker.
That’s why the Bible says, “The fool has said in his heart there is no God.”
(FYI: God dwells outside of the dimension of time – in “eternity,” and has
neither beginning nor end).
10. Yes. If a judge in Florida turns “a blind eye” to the Mafia, then he is corrupt,
and should be brought to justice himself. If God turns a blind eye to a man
who rapes a woman then slits her throat. He’s corrupt. The Bible tells us the
opposite. It warns that God is so good. He will not only punish murderers and
rapists, but thieves and liars. He will punish all sin, right down to every vile
word that men speak.
11. No. God’s standards are much higher than ours. Jesus said, “Whosoever
looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery already with
her in his heart.” We are also told, “Whoever hates his brother is a murderer.”
12. Yes. As we have seen, He will “bring every work to judgment, including every
secret thing, whether it is good or evil.”
13. Yes, Hell is God’s place of punishment for those who have violated His Law.
14. No. Let’s see if you have a good life; have you ever told a lie? If so, you are a liar. Have
you ever stolen anything (its value is irrelevant)? If you have, then you are a thief. Have
you ever looked with lust? Then you have committed adultery in your heart. Have you
loved God above all else? Have you made a god to suit yourself (having your own beliefs
about God)? Have you used God’s name to curse, kept the Sabbath holy, honored your
parents, or been greedy? Judge yourself – have you broken the Ten Commandments?
Knowing that God has seen your thought – life, and every deed done in darkness, will
you be innocent or guilty on judgment Day? You know you will be guilty. So will you end
up in Heaven or Hell? Don’t say, “There is no Hell.” Imagine if you are wrong (remember
the survey).The Bible warns, There is a way that seems right to a man, but the end thereof
are the ways of death.” The only thing you can do to be saved from His wrath, is to repent
and put your faith in the Savior, Jesus Christ. When He died on the cross, He took the
punishment for our sins. He stepped into the Courtroom and paid the fine for us. Then He
rose from the dead, defeating death. To find peace with God, pray something like this now:
God, please forgive my sins (name them). I turn from them and put my faith in Jesus Christ as
my Lord and my Savior.” Now read the Bible daily and obey what you read (see John 14:21)—
God will never let you down. Hope Chapel 2420 Pacific Coast Highway, Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
310.374.4673. www.hopechapel.org or www.stonethepreacher.com