Sudden Death: Antenna!


While putting up backyard antennas on the afternoon of Sunday, July 12, Edward Thomas, of Kansas City, Kansas, and his son were electrocuted. The elder Thomas, 65, was pronounced dead at the scene. His son, 27, was rushed to the hospital but died later that day.

Initial reports suggest that the antenna they were installing came in contact with 7620 V power lines. Neighbors reported a “loud popping sound” and the electricity went out on the block. —From ARRL Amateur Radio News
(Thanks to Chris Hobeck)

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *.