Atheists love to level the “Fundamentalist” label derisively at those who take God at His Word in the Bible. BUT, did you know that atheists themselves subscribe to a fundamentalist philosophy of their own? Here are the first five fundamental truths that atheists believe and live… the next five will be next Wednesday!
YOU MIGHT BE A FUNDY ATHEIST IF…
1. You became an atheist when you were 10 years old, based on ideas of God that you learned in Sunday school. Your ideas about God haven’t changed since.
2. You think that the primary aim of an Omni-benevolent God is for people to have FUN.
3. You believe that extra drippy ice-cream is a logical proof against the existence of God, because an omniscient God would know how to stop the ice-cream from being extra drippy, an omnipotent God would have the ability to stop the ice-cream from being extra drippy, and by golly, an Omni benevolent God wouldn’t want your ice-cream to be extra drippy.
4. Although you’ve memorized a half a dozen proofs that He doesn’t exist, you still think you’re God’s gift to the ignorant masses.
5. You believe the astronomical size of the universe somehow disproves God, as if God needed a tiny universe in order to exist. (Read the next 5 here.)