Here are #6 thru #10. Five more will be posted next Wednesday. Click here for the first five.
YOU MIGHT BE A FUNDY ATHEIST IF…
6. You think questions like, “Can God create a rock so big that He cannot lift it?” and, “Can God will Himself out of existence?” are perfect examples of how to disprove God’s omnipotence and ultimately how to disprove God. When someone proves to you the false logic behind the questions (i.e. pitting God’s omnipotence against itself), you desperately try to defend the questions, but then give up and go to a different Christian site to ask them.
7. Related to the above, you spend a great deal of your spare time writing to Christian websites asking them these very questions.
8. You spend hours arguing that a-theism actually means “without a belief in God ” and not just “belief that there is no god” as if this is a meaningful distinction in real life.
9. You consistently deny the existence of God because you personally have never seen him but you reject out of hand personal testimony from theists who claim to have experienced God as a reality in their lives.
10. You can make the existence of pink unicorns and…
…flying spaghetti monsters centerpieces of a philosophical critique.
Note: “Flying Spaghetti Monster” is the term that the Richard Dawkin’s crowd uses to describe God. See the “Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster” by clicking here. (Be forewarned; it’s an atheist site, but kinda funny).