It’s that time again to report in on how well you did with your evangelistic commitment. Ya still in? I hope so. Would you like to join? Click here for details.
With the movie “The Social Network” opening today I wanted to remind you about another neat way to share your faith using “The Facebook Option.” It’s not what you think. Read on.
Facebook is an incredibly popular social networking site that has over 500 million active users. Here are some statistics:
- 50% of active users log on everyday.
- Average user has 130 friends.
- Average user spends more than 55 minutes a day on Facebook.
- About 70% of users are outside the USA
- More than 700 billion minutes are spent on Facebook each month (worldwide)
- There are more than 150 million active users currently accessing Facebook through their mobile devices.
Facebook can also be incredibly banal and boring with people posting such things like what cookie they ate, or that they drank a glass of water, or just woke up. Who cares?
Why not redeem the site by giving the Gospel to people you don’t know?
When you are on Facebook, choose a few names that you’ve never heard of. (Don’t do too many at a time; it’s called site abuse.) Everyone wants to be your friend, even if they don’t know you; then post some messages or posts from evangelistic blogs (like this one). Do a different post everyday and every time you are on Facebook add a few strangers as friends. You’ll never know who you might be reaching.
Jesus did say “Go into all the Web and preach the Gospel….”
If you’d like to be my friend, you can find me at www.Facebook.com/StevePSanchez