panelarrow

Great Gifts for Evangelists & Materialists

| 19 Comments

Want the perfect something for that open air preaching friend? How about a special present for your unreasonable atheist neighbor down the street who Grinchilly denies that there really is a reason for the season? Here are some great CHRISTmas giving ideas from Evangelism Stuff:

And here’s a favorite of mine:

Click here to see my Lucky Salvation Shirt
that I purchased from “Evangelism Stuff.”

19 Comments

  1. The hat kinda falls flat because there’s no context. Your grinchy neighbor would wear it and people could easily interpret it as an atheist shirt.

  2. They would think that the hat was a shirt? Maybe the neighbor consider that a transitional form to pants.

  3. hehe… the hat that became a shirt on its way to becoming pants. Too funny. Kind of crazy that we all know it’s impossible for the hat to really become a shirt on its way to becoming pants. Yet Atheists WILL believe that an explosion leading to some soup with magic ingredients for life ulimately led to all we see today? Pffft. Oh yeah and don’t forget that there was NO inteligence involved. Just random chance and mutations leading to the complexity we see all around us. Good one! Going to have to agree with the hat and say that closing your ears to the things of God and to truth – won’t change that truth.
    However I will say that the hat and shirt are funny – the consequence of continuing in sin and rebellion against God is NOT funny. Eternity in Hell is not something I take lightly or joke about. I beg, plead, with each and every reader on this blog that doesn’t know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior to listen to their conscience. To silence the flesh for once, and listen to that inner voice that convicts you of sin in your life. That you would be honest with yourself and admit that the knowledge you think you have – is really nothing compared to all there is to know. God is showing himself to you through creation which you try so desperately to explain away to natural and unintelligent causes. One day we will all stand before God on judgment day and give an account. By then it will be too late. Game over. I pray for each one of you that God would open your eyes that you can see, open your ears that you could hear… Christ died for you! He rose again 3 days later defeating death. If you just repent – cry out to God, and put your faith and trust in Jesus alone – God will save you. Don’t harden your heart another day.

    Luke 1:76 “And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him. To give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace”

    Luke 9:23 – If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self?

  4. Nice one, Steve. 🙂

    I gotta admit, though, that when I first saw the hat, I thought it was an anti-creationist hat.

    I still don’t get the whole “Mount Rushmore” thing, but that’s just me. Why not use the watch? Same bad argument with all the same horrendous flaws, but at least the watch argument is well-known.

  5. Ha!

    In my defense, you showed that design to perdita as a shirt a week or so back.

  6. Dennis also said: Yet Atheists WILL believe that an explosion leading to some soup with magic ingredients for life ultimately led to all we see today?

    Forgive me, Dennis, but that statement of yours is so incredibly ignorant and wrong, I see no reason to trust your judgment on the nature of God or scripture.

  7. Dennis wrote:

    Yet Atheists WILL believe that an explosion

    The Big Bang was not an explosion; it was an expansion. There’s a significant difference that you’re missing, unfortunately.

    leading to some soup

    Nope. Certainly not literal “soup”. You might want to open a book.

    with magic ingredients

    Dennis, you are the one who believes in magic; not us atheists.

    The “ingredients”, as you put it, were not magical.

    for life ulimately led to all we see today?

    Yes.

    Pffft.

    What a thoroughly persuasive argument. /sarcasm

    I wonder how well “Pffft” works in the real world.

    Oh yeah and don’t forget that there was NO inteligence [sic] involved.

    Well, we have no reason to think that there was. Maybe there was. But then that “intelligence” becomes the point of investigation and… I’ve learned that creationists don’t really like that idea.

    Just random chance and mutations

    I’m betting that you are not aware of what the word “random” means in this context.

    leading to the complexity we see all around us.

    Define “complexity” in a way that means something. I can wait.

    Dennis, I encourage you to read what “evolutionists” actually think, instead of sticking with this straw-man caricature. I mean, when you start with calling it an “explosion”, you pretty much take yourself out of the conversation before it gets started.

  8. Hi Nohm

    I haven’t heard of the “big expansion” before so thank you for enlightening me on that.
    Tomorrow I am sure science will call it the “big shrinking”
    But changing what we call it doesn’t change that Atheists claim that no inteligence was involved. That’s what leads me to say that random chance somehow led to the order we observe around us today. And you are right that the “intelligence” does become the point of investigation which for me personally led to God the creator and maker of all things. Looking at the smallest building blocks of life are still insanely complex which all points to a creator and intelligence. It’s a path that Atheists don’t want to go down. So my use of complexity is to say that even looking at DNA for instance – there is so much information in a little strand of DNA it’s almost mind boggling. That’s the complexity I refer to. I also refer to the amazing complexity of the human body and all the different systems working together. To me it overwhelmingly points to design and therefore a designer.

    Perdita – you are forgiven.
    And there is no need to trust me or the millions of Christians around the world. You can open up the word of God for yourself and read what it says…. “In the beginning…. GOD”

    This blog is an evangelistic blog. Our job is to spread the Gospel (good news) as Jesus himself commanded us. To all the world. The Gospel is simple and our job is to be a herald for the King – not negotiators. I don’t need to convince you of anything. As Steve has posted before – it might even do more harm than good trying to convince you of anything. It’s God that does the saving and revealing. It comes by being humble and submissive before HIM – nothing to do with Dennis or if you can believe what I say or not. Hope that makes sense? Nobody argued me into becoming a Christian or into somehow believing in Jesus Christ as my savior. It was God that did the revealing to me – and I simply responded. Praying that God would do the same for those on this blog that don’t know Christ as their Savior.

    Romans 1:25 “They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator – who is forever praised. Amen”

  9. @ Dennis

    “And there is no need to trust me or the millions of Christians around the world. You can open up the word of God for yourself and read what it says…. “In the beginning…. GOD””

    You argue against the Big Bang Theory by pointing to examples of incredible complexity in nature, but yet your explanation for such wonderful complexity is so wonderfully simplistic. You generalize scientific theory, and generalize it incorrectly might I add, in favor of sticking with allegorical literature to explain reality. I realize that making declarations in this manner might help you reinforce your belief better, but I urge you to learn more about science. The fossil record, modern geoscience, physics, biology, and even astronomy point to an ancient Earth (or universe for that matter). This complexity you speak of, is the result of millions upon millions of years of change through adaptation in order that successive generations of animal/plant/fungal life can continue to successfully procreate. Now if you want to argue by saying that God set this whole process in motion, you can, and there might be be intelligence behind THAT process, but to deny the process entirely contradicts proven REALITY.

  10. Dennis wrote:

    But changing what we call it doesn’t change that Atheists claim that no inteligence was involved.

    And this is in response to a comment in which I wrote:

    “Well, we have no reason to think that there was. Maybe there was.”

    …sigh.

    Also, Dennis wrote:

    It’s a path that Atheists don’t want to go down.

    Do you think it’s a good idea to tell other people what they think, even though you actually don’t have telepathy?

  11. Dennis –
    It seems that evangelicals use topics like evolution as sort of a hook – to capture an audience and then pivot the topic to Jesus. So my question is, is it possible that demonstrably wrong views on evolution could be a stumbling block for those you are trying to evangelize? Are there no better hooks out there? Or, does this sort of weed out the audience — the ones that stay, that accept the misinformation, are easier to lead to Christ?

  12. Yeah I love Dale’s site, it’s a great example of Creationists know nothing about what they protest. And Dale so often tries to play the intellectual too.

  13. “Big Bang Theory” is just a joke name that the opposition came up with at the time. The name has since stuck, kinda like the word yankee for Americans.

  14. I thought Big Bang Theory was a show on TV…

  15. Yeah Monsignor Georges Lemaître originally called it The Primeval Atom.

    Yes, the father of the The Big Bang Theory was a Christian.

  16. Hi Perdita

    Sorry no “hooks” I certainly wouldn’t use evolution.
    The “hook” is that we are all sinners – we have all sinned and will have to give an account to God. That’s not my words – that’s the bible.
    Our conscience testifies against us. The bible warns that those who continue in sin (rebellion against God) will end up in a place called Hell.
    Also from a Christian perspective I see people like yourself, or Nohm, and others like you, desperately looking for anything BUT God. The Christians faith lies with God and HIS promises, we trust in His righteousness, His holyness, His power and authority over all creation.

    Pride will keep you far from God.
    It’s humbleness, and reverential fear that will help you draw nearer.
    It’s repentance of your sins and faith in trust in Jesus Christ that leads to salvation.

    We can have discussions about evolution, creation, big bang (or big expansion according to Nohm) we can talk and talk and talk. Guess what? It just takes you down a road that leads further and further away from the truth. My concern is for your soul and where you will spend eternity. Spiritually you are dead to the things of God.

    Jesus said: “I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father but by me” So that kind of narrows it down. All this talk about evolution, creation, etc. will never lead to God. Now if we can talk about Jesus – now we’re getting somewhere! On the right track finally!

    Who do YOU say Jesus is? You have to decide. Is he really who he claimed to be? Is he a mad man? Is he a prophet? OR…. Is he really the Son of God? What backs up those claims he made? Does Scripture back up those claims? Praying God would open your eyes to the truth about our Lord and Savior – Jesus Christ. Once you get that part right we can spend as much time as you like exploring the science behind all the life around us. Your soul is precious. Eternity is a long time to be wrong and Hell is not some “party” to look forward to.

  17. “Sorry no “hooks” I certainly wouldn’t use evolution.”
    and
    “All this talk about evolution, creation, etc. will never lead to God. Now if we can talk about Jesus – now we’re getting somewhere! On the right track finally!”

    Cool. And I might have believed you if you and Steve weren’t the ones to bring evolution into this post. We were responding to your comment.

    “Praying God would open your eyes to the truth about our Lord and Savior – Jesus Christ. Once you get that part right we can spend as much time as you like exploring the science behind all the life around us. Your soul is precious. Eternity is a long time to be wrong and Hell is not some “party” to look forward to.”

    Dennis – I can see that you are completely wrong about evolution and the Big Bang. It isn’t that you don’t endorse it – it’s that you speak out against it while being demonstrably ignorant about it. Because you are repeating creationist misinformation, I suspect you are being willfully ignorant. Because I suspect you’re being willfully ignorant, I have to question your reasoning. Because I question your reasoning, I have no reason to favor your interpretation of the Bible over my own.

    “Who do YOU say Jesus is? You have to decide. Is he really who he claimed to be? Is he a mad man? Is he a prophet? OR…. Is he really the Son of God?”

    You know, those aren’t the only choices out there.

  18. Dennis wrote:

    Also from a Christian perspective I see people like yourself, or Nohm, and others like you, desperately looking for anything BUT God.

    Sigh.

    I will ask you again:

    Do you think it’s a good idea to tell other people what they think, even though you actually don’t have telepathy?

    Because every time you do this, you’re wrong. If this happened to me, I think I would change what I was doing.

    Who do YOU say Jesus is?

    A character in an ancient holy book.

    Who do YOU say Krishna is? Who do YOU say Osiris is? Aaaaand so on.

    Eternity is a long time to be wrong and Hell is not some “party” to look forward to.

    You have not presented a reason why I should believe that “Hell” even exists.

    Because, until then, your statement of “It’s repentance of your sins and faith in trust in Jesus Christ that leads to salvation” doesn’t make sense because I don’t believe in this “Hell” that you think I need salvation from.

    You’re putting the cart in front of the horse.

  19. Also, Dennis, why should I trust the Bible instead of the Quran?

    Muslims are just as sincerely convinced that they’re right and you’re wrong, as you are that you’re right and they’re wrong.

    What process should I use to find out which one of you is correct?

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *.